David I. Hoffman, M.D.
David I. Hoffman, M.D.
- Voluntary Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Florida International University
- Voluntary Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Miami
David I. Hoffman, M.D., is subspecialty certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and has over 25 years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. He has published over 65 abstracts, articles, and book chapters. He joined Doctor Maxson at the Northwest Center for Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology in 1989. Prior to coming to South Florida he served on the faculty at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, as Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern University in Chicago, Director of the IVF Program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, and Section Head of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Northwestern University Medical School. Currently, in addition to working at our Fort Lauderdale-area offices as an infertility specialist, David I. Hoffman, M.D., also serves as a Voluntary Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Miami, School of Medicine.
- 1979 - Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Emmanuel Weisburger Prize in Internal Medicine - Temple University
- 1987 - Outstanding Poster Presentation - 43rd Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society, Reno, Nevada
- 1990 - Outstanding Oral Presentation - 46th Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society, Washington, D.C.
- 2006 - Distinguished Service Award - American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Certification: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified; Obstetrics and Gynecology - 1985
- Board Certified; Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility -1987
- David I. Hoffman, M.D., has voluntarily recertified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility annually since 2004.
Gocial B, Keye WR, Fein SH, Nardi RV, et al. Subcutaneously administered Repronex® in female patients undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) is as effective and well-tolerated as intramuscular menotropin treatment. Fertil Steril 74(1):73-79, 2000
Anderson DJ, Davis OK, Fritz MA, Hoffman DI, et al. 2002 Guidelines for gamete and embryo donation. Fertil Steril 2002 77(6): Supplement 5.
Hoffman DI. Should we consider twins a success in OI or ART? Contemporary OB/GYN 2002 47(9):44 Hoffman DI, Zellman GL, Fair, CC, Mayer JF et al. Cryopreserved embryos in the United States and their availability for research. Fertil Steril 79(5):1063-69, 2003
Weimer KE, Morgan K, Maxson WAS, Hoffman DI, Godke R. Applications and use of co-culture methodologies in assisted reproduction. Proc. VIII World Congress on IVF and Alternative Assisted Reproduction. Kyoto, Japan, September 12-15, 1993
Hu YX, Hoffman DI, Maxson WS. Clinical application of non-selective assisted hatching. Presented at the 11th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology, Hamburg, Germany, June 1995 Recombinant FSH therapy alone (Gonal-F) versus combination therapy (Gonal-F + LHADI, r-hLH) in patients down regulated with low-dose luteal GnRH agonist protocol: Preliminary results. Presented at the 11th World Congress on IVF and Human Reproductive Genetics, Sydney, Australia, May, 1998.
Weathersbee P, Kelly E, Nebiolo L, et al: Open, multi-center prospective randomized study comparing r-hFSH therapy alone versus combination therapy (r-hFSH + r-hLH) in patients pituitary desensitizes with low-dose luteal GnRH agonist protocol: preliminary results. Presented at ESHRE meeting, Tours, France, 1999.
Memberships and Positions
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Public Affairs Committee
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons
- Society of Assisted Reproductive Technologists President 2000-2001
- Southeastern Reproductive Medicine Association Founding member
- The International Society for Advancement of Humanistic Studies in Medicine Board of Directors
- Fort Lauderdale OB/GYN Society President 1994-1996
- Florida Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Florida Obstetrics and Gynecologic Society
A native of Pennsylvania, David I. Hoffman, M.D., graduated from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, before attending medical school at Temple University. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology at the University of Southern California. He was on the faculty at the University of Southern California and Northwestern University before joining IVF FLORIDA Reproductive Associates in 1989. He currently serves as a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Miami, School of Medicine.
Areas of Experience/Interest
David I. Hoffman, M.D., is experienced in all areas of ART (assisted reproductive technologies) including in vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer, as well as endoscopic surgery. Clinical interests include treatment of recurrent miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, and hormone replacement therapy.
- Northwest Medical Center
- Memorial Health System
Contact Fort Lauderdale-area Infertility Specialist David I. Hoffman, M.D.
To schedule a consultation with David I. Hoffman, M.D., please contact our offices today to request an appointment at one of our convenient South Florida locations.