Tips to Boost Fertility During Male Fertility Month
Did you know that approximately half of all infertile couples can’t conceive due to male infertility issues? In honor of June being Male Fertility Month, IVF FLORIDA wants to share the best ways to boost male fertility to help stack the odds in your favor.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Having a balanced diet improves your overall health. Also try lowering your alcohol intake as it can lower your testosterone levels.
- De-stress. Just like with women, being stressed out is not going to help you get your partner pregnant. Find ways to relax such as massage therapy, meditation, and yoga.
- Stay cool. Stay out of hot tubs and saunas because the excessive heat can lower your sperm count. Also try to keep laptops out of your lap for this reason.
- Exercise. Staying active keeps you healthy, but try to limit your time bicycling; it may cause testicles to overheat.
- See your doctor. Chemotherapy, steroids, and other drugs may inhibit sperm production, so talk to your doctor to see if you can switch to safer medications.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can lower sperm count, as well as being exposed to second hand smoke.
- Try to limit the use of lubricants. If you need a lubricant use Proceed which is safe for conception and was formulated by an REI.
- Avoid toxins and chemicals. Extended exposure to pesticides, lead, and radiation can lower sperm counts.
- Avoid testosterone/androgen therapy. Not good for fertility and sperm production.
If you and your partner are ready to start a family, start adopting healthy lifestyle choices and you’ll be well on your way! If you have been unsuccessful for over a year, contact the reproductive specialists in Miami for a consultation.