Ten Tips to Optimize Female Fertility
In honor of Female Fertility Month, IVF FLORIDA has compiled the top ten tips to optimizing female fertility.
- Keep your BMI in the “normal” range. Being over or underweight can make getting pregnant more difficult. Check your current BMI with this calculator.
- Don’t drink when you are trying to conceive. Avoiding alcohol helps your overall health as well.
- Watch your caffeine intake. There isn’t a definitive rule about coffee, but some studies show that cutting back to one or two cups of caffeinated beverages helps women become pregnant faster.
- Know your most fertile days. Ovulation kits can be a good resource - try one, or track your basal body temperature to make sure ovulation is occurring each month.
- Try online assessments. Resolve has developed a tool to help you understand fertility and create a family building plan.
- Don’t stress out. Stress can throw off your cycle and affect your health. Meditation or exercise may assist in helping to maintain a healthy stress level.
- Get enough rest each night. Having erratic sleep and wake patterns will negatively affect your ability to get pregnant quickly.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking ages your ovaries, stacking the odds against you getting pregnant.
- Try to stay healthy. Did you know that being ill could throw off your cycle? Wash your hands before eating and around those who have colds or flus.
- Eat healthy. In addition to having a well-balanced diet, you may also want to check with your doctor to see if you should add a multi vitamin or prenatal vitamin to your daily regime.
Following these tips may help you conceive, but remember that one in 10 couples will need help from an infertility doctor. If you’ve been trying for over a year without success, contact IVF FLORIDA at one of our South Florida offices today.